Book of Noah – a Fragment: The Names and Functions of the (fallen Angels and) Satans: the secret Oath.
69):1 And after this judgement they shall terrify and make them to tremble because they have shown this to those who dwell on the earth.
2. And behold the names of those angels [and these are their names: the first of them is Samjaza, the second Artaqifa, and the third Armen, the fourth Kokabel, the fifth Turael, the sixth Rumjal, the seventh Danjal, the eighth Neqael, the ninth Baraqel, the tenth Azazel, the eleventh Armaros, the twelfth Batarjal, the thirteenth Busasejal, the fourteenth Hananel, the fifteenth Turel, and the sixteenth Simapesiel, the seventeenth Jetrel, the eighteenth Tumael, the nineteenth Turel, the twentieth Rumael, the twenty-first Azazel.
3. And these are the chiefs of their angels and their names, and their chief ones over hundreds and over fifties and over tens].
4. The name of the first Jeqon: that is, the one who led astray all the sons of God, and brought them down to the earth, and led them astray through the daughters of men.
5. And the second was named Asbeel: he imparted to the holy sons of God evil counsel, and led them astray so that they defiled their bodies with the daughters of men.
6. And the third was named Gadreel: he it is who showed the children of men all the blows of death, and he led astray Eve, and showed the weapons of death to the sons of men the shield and the coat of mail, and the sword for battle, and all the weapons of death to the children of men.
7. And from his hand they have proceeded against those who dwell on the earth from that day and for evermore.
8. And the fourth was named Penemue: he taught the children of men the bitter and the sweet, and he taught them all the secrets of their wisdom.
9. And he instructed mankind in writing with ink and paper, and thereby many sinned from eternity to eternity and until this day.
10. For men were not created for such a purpose, to give confirmation to their good faith with pen and ink.
11. For men were created exactly like the angels, to the intent that they should continue pure and righteous, and death, which destroys everything, could not have taken hold of them, but through this their knowledge they are perishing, and through this power it is consuming me.
12. And the fifth was named Kasdeja: this is he who showed the children of men all the wicked smitings of spirits and demons, and the smitings of the embryo in the womb, that it may pass away, and [the smitings of the soul] the bites of the serpent, and the smitings which befall through the noontide heat, the son of the serpent named Tabaâ‘ĕt.
13. And this is the task of Kasbeel, the chief of the oath which he showed to the holy ones when he dwelt high above in glory, and its name is Biqa.
14. This (angel) requested Michael to show him the hidden name, that he might enunciate it in the oath, so that those might quake before that name and oath who revealed all that was in secret to the children of men.
15. And this is the power of this oath, for it is powerful and strong, and he placed this oath Akae in the hand of Michael.
16. And these are the secrets of this oath ... And they are strong through his oath: And the heaven was suspended before the world was created, And for ever.
17. And through it the earth was founded upon the water, And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters, From the creation of the world and unto eternity.
18. And through that oath the sea was created, And †as its foundation† He set for it the sand against the time of (its) anger, And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.
19. And through that oath are the depths made fast, And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.
20. And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course, And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.
21. And through that oath the stars complete their course, And He calls them by their names, And they answer Him from eternity to eternity.
22. And in like manner the spirits of the water, and of the winds, and of all zephyrs, and (their) paths from all the quarters of the winds.
23. And there are preserved the voices of the thunder and the light of the lightnings: and there are preserved the chambers of the hail and the chambers of the hoarfrost, and the chambers of the mist, and the chambers of the rain and the dew.
24. And all these believe and give thanks before the Lord of Spirits, and glorify (Him) with all their power, and their food is in every act of thanksgiving: they thank and glorify and extol the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.
25. And this oath is mighty over them And through it they are preserved and their paths are preserved, And their course is not destroyed. Close of the Third Parable.
26. And there was great joy amongst them, And they blessed and glorified and extolled Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them.
27. And He sat on the throne of His glory, And the sum of judgement was given unto the Son of Man, And He caused the sinners to pass away and be destroyed from off the face of the earth, And those who have led the world astray.
28. With chains shall they be bound, And in their assemblage-place of destruction shall they be imprisoned, And all their works vanish from the face of the earth.
29. And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible; For that Son of Man has appeared, And has seated Himself on the throne of His glory, And all evil shall pass away before His face, And the word of that Son of Man shall go forth And be strong before the Lord of Spirits.
30. This is the Third Parable of Enoch.